woensdag 1 april 2020

How to overcome a crisis like this


I don't want it to get the best off me. I want to survive this whole thing gracefully without panic. I'm not someone who wants to end up in despair over this. I can't sleep, though to do something instead off just laying in bed without catching sleep feels better than to simply do nothing.

I have a few ideas for you on how to deal with things like this, as this isn't the first crisis the world has seen, and it probably won't be the last. To make it the best way you can, there are a few interesting ideas I might suggest.


1. Save money, and be sure you have a good resource for times like this. 

You need this. A resource on money, a way to still have food on the table, or a stock on supplies you might need first during times like this. Like washing liquid for the laundry and toothpaste or even a collection of nailpolish you can use without having to buy anything unavailable at the moment. I have been onto that for a while now, before the crisis was on, I found myself hoarding things and building up an emergency stock. (Or so it seems to me now) It's one off the best ways to make sure you don't need to go out to buy heavy groceries during a big crisis. Purchase bulk loads off items at websites which supply them that way.

During the Corona crisis I recommend people to order stuff online anyway, so physicall contact can be as much limited as possible. Thank the universe for the invention off webshops. 

2. Dress and act gracefully

During WWII, women went to work with grace. It's a way to keep your head up during times like this. I have been overthinking this matter a few times. During deep crisises throughout ages, people find air and probably their personal humanity in creativity and personal expression through out their clothes and femininity. I have taken effort in my looks every day these weeks, to keep myself smiling somehow.

I have been through some harsh times in my life myself, and to express myself in creativity and personal style has usually kept me up.

Don't forget to act with grace. It's a bit respectless to act cold and ignorant due such a crisis. You can't act like a total morron or cunt if these things are on. Look after each other, and treat everyone with suitable resepect.

3. Make sure to eat lots off vitamins and other healthy nutritions 

It's a crisis on health issues, so I suppose to give your immune system a boost can't be something bad. See my previous blog about that.

4. Stay calm, and don't panic 

Don't let emotions get the best off you. Stay calm and practicall minded. What's needed first? A bottle off washing liquid and a stock off good foods, or the next edition off your favourite game on whatever platform you play it? A greedy mindset won't help you in this case. It won't work anyway. I suggest you to use your money for what's needed first instead off first world problems. I even suggest you to put expensive updates to your phone on the second place, and simply start to think out off basic needs again

Have faith. Don't let the despair of some things let you down. Still believe there will be another day after this one. And one after that, and one after that, and so on. Keep your head up.

I would lie if I told you that I'm not afraid these days. I had a hard time during the first week off this quarataine, but after two weeks I became more stable and less afraid, though I'm not certain if I'm doing well. I don't feel panic and that's probably the best thing.

5. Improve on usefull skills

Learn to cook with lots off herbs, spices, and vegetables for example. (For your immune system) (It's something easy to say for me, since that's my hobby) Start developping skills on the maintainance off your home, learn crochet or even painting. Usefull skills can go a long time with people.

6. Think innovative and creative 

Think off solutions for problems you would have solved in an other way if this crisis wasn't out there. Think with what you have on hand and solve it that way, but watch your safety first. I don't want to cause an other emergency by trying to tell people on how to overcome the current one.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten