zondag 6 september 2020

A few lemon-taste based baked goods.

 

Good afternoon everyone, 


I took the idea off wishing to finish my net off lemons. I had to order them to fullfill an amount off items to get delivered what I basically needed that weekend. I had been snooping around on pinterest, and ordered some ricotta cheese with them. I had some inspiration for Italian ricotta cake. It turned out beautifully perfect and I donated most off it (Minus a slice, simply to taste some off it) to de Boed yesterday. 



 Receipe for Italian Ricotta cake (My receipe) 

It was perfect. It tastes sunny, It tasted Italian and it's a perfect pick me up on any day. It was all gone during one coffee moment, and people kept complimenting me on it. 


Yesterday I created a self-thought out cake receipe, somewhat whispered in by voices. They have good ideas sometimes worthit listening to. Sometimes that kind off creativity seems heaven sent, while other times it's as iff the devil himself forces me to create things. This voice was kinda scary, but helpfull. (I made it in a delusional state, and that's, crazy enough, the best way for me to be creative as the result off both heaven and hell give me the best results. To be honest, I fear none off both. Neither hell or heaven can frighten me.) 



This tiny bundt cake is part off a big amount  off raisin - citrus cake I created yesterday evening in my food processor. I bought myself one this july and it works perfect. I haven't made a picture off the large version off this cake, unfortunately- and I have the idea they are already working their way out off it by now at de Boed. I'm glad I have a community centre on hand near by to donate stuff to. And I'm glad all off my bakings are appreciated most off the time. I wish to share my receipe with you. 

Raisin citrus cake: 

Ingredients: 

- 200 grams off unsalted butter 

- 200 grams off light brown caster sugar 

- a teaspon off vanillin sugar 

- 200 grams off all purpose flower and 2 tablespoons more if the batter is too moist. 

- 4 medium size eggs

- a bit off half fat milk. 

- a teaspoon off salt 

- a teaspoon off baking powder 

- a teaspoon off baking soda 

- a teaspoon off nutmeg 

- a teaspoon off kardemom 

- juice from one lemon 

Citrus raisins: 

- about 400 grams off white raisins 

- juice from one lemon 

-juice and zest from one orange 

- a squeeze off honey. 

1. one day ahead, well your raisins in a bowl with fresh lemon and orange juice combined, a squeeze off honey and adjust the zest off one orange. Set aside in the fridge. The next day you will mention most off the juices are soaked in by your raisins. They taste pretty well this way, but it's just step one. 

2. In a bowl, whisk the all purpose flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. 

3. Grease in your cake molds and preheat your oven to 165 degree celsius. 

4. Cream the butter combined with the caster sugar, the vanillin sugar, the kardemom, the nutmeg, and the lemon juice. Mix untill nice and smooth. I adjusted a little bit off milk to help my food processor mixing all off this. But if your butter is soft enough, it's not necessairy. 

5. Adjust the 4 eggs. one at a time is preferrable, but I did two at a time and it wasn't a bad idea. 

6. Adjust the flour mix in two steps, finish the batter by adding the raisins. Look if you think it's too moist. adjust more flour if that is the case. 

7. put in a cake mold, and if there is too much, you can put it in smaller, more funny cake molds like I did yesterday evening. 

8. Bake untill golden, (when a sharp item like a knife comes out dry after inserting it and takin it out, it's good.) which took me about 55 minutes, but it depends on your oven. Smaller cake molds take less time, about 30 to 40 minutes. 

I allowed myself to eat the small bund cake to taste if it was all good and well made. I have to say it tastes a bit better after one night in the fridge. The next day it's even better. 

allright, that's about this for this blog. 

I thank you for reading.    



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten