woensdag 16 september 2020

Good evening at the 16th off September, 2020.

 

I had to make soup without the requested ingredients. I could blame myself for it, as I had handed my list off groceries for the Minestrone soup (Italian soup.) a bit too late. I had to work with what could be found in de Boed´s pantry. I got quite far with broth cubes, fresh herbs, potatoes, minced meat and some vegetables actually ment for bami and luckily I found a left over off vermicelli I have used before. I´m glad I requested a stock off broth cubes for soup making every wednesday. I had no complaints so far. Luckily no one mentioned the lack off ingredients. (I can be a bit laid back when it comes to handing over requests, or promises like that. I should learn from this, but I know ahead I´m going to be slack with it a next time and a time after that. You´d think I´d be higher educated if I wouldn´t be slack with such things. I have had that issue at school, and I am unfortunately not much working ahead off deadlines as a grown up woman either.) 

I managed to prepare wednesday soup, despite everything. Luckily. 

What I did make in time, was apple crumble for the entire dinner group today, but that was due to them having a huge amount off apples.  I was allowed to lay my hands on them and make something with it today. It turned out pretty well. I love making apple crumble a lot during fall, as apples are my ´comfort cooking.´ as you could say it. And during fall they are in season.


**

This monday, I made a necklace and a bracelet in some amazing bold colours. I think they look festive and floral. 




  

I considered to keep them myself, but they have been on the shelve for two days, and I decided to donate them to de Boed's outlet shop to help them making a bit off money and to let them be worn and appreciated by other women. As most off the time I don't wear what I make myself. I don't know why. I do have a set off self-made earrings I wear when I wish to feel fabulous, but neck and wrist jewelry is barely worn by me. So it's for the lucky woman who finds them tomorrow/ whenever it's found by someone in de Boed's shop. 

***

I had a bit off a depressed feeling yesterday. I believe it has to do with my job at the Upcycling shop. When I'm working there, I enjoy it but it takes so much energy and I feel inspirationless these weeks when I'm there. I have been making children's treats, but a piece off jewelry (What I'm actually hired for) doesn't come out off my hands. Something makes it hard and almost draining to pick up my work and start creating items again like I used to. What I've been making already sells pretty well, but new jewelry, or even a few cute earrings, are hard to feel inspired for. It slurps energy rather than giving me energy. I'm one off these lucky people who have a creative job, I shouldn't complain. But it's probably a good idea to take a break from it. I decided not to attempt tomorrow to re-load my energy (aka, doing something at de Boed instead) and see when or if I feel like going there again. I feel less gloomy by deciding to take a break and calling off for tomorrow. I hope this doesn't sound spoiled. I know people who would do anything to have a job anyway, or who would do anything for a creative job like mine. It's just that I can't put up with it anymore. I don't know why. I'm sorry to my great colleagues and the two amazing managers who are most off the time helping me perfectly. I feel spoiled. But on the other hand, my energies are almost back by deciding not to go. 


allright, that's about it for today. 


I hope you enjoyed reading.  

 

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten