donderdag 3 december 2020

Officially protected spices

 Good morning everyone, 


I have put some stewed pears on the stove, (I love them this season.) with two tablespoons off 'Koek- en Speculaaskruiden.' (Combined myself to a blend)  I have an idea for it. 

It's something I use over and over again in my kitchen. It's something traditionally Dutch though some countries have the same compound somewhat but call it diffrent. (Applepie spices or Pumpkinpie spices is something that comes close to it.) It's parts have been introduced by the VOC and come from asian countries but we combined them to spices suitable in cookies and other pastries. If you put them up for some time, your entire house will smell divine and warm and every Sinterklaas we use tons off it. 

The smell off it is just divine and are typicall for winter, and I wish to advocate for making it a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed for our country, protected by the European Union. I suppose it's much and much better than a cheese sandwich in that fashion. 

If we would do so, it's consistency would be descripted gram by gram for what it should be. My mixes wouldn't be able to call themselves official. But I think it's not bad to have it mentioned by the Union.. It's been a Dutch tradition for centuries, after all. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten