vrijdag 21 februari 2020

Good afternoon at the 21st off February, 2020


Good afternoon, everyone.

This sunday there will be another huge storm passing by the Netherlands with a name, a classified storm named Ellen. It's the third storm in about three weeks, and they always happen on sunday- mainly keeping the entire country stuck in their house. I believe these kind off days are excellent days for baking and preparing other (comfort) foods. Yesterday was for baking a fruit cake which was highly appreciated at 'de Boed.' community centre. But yesterday wasn't an official storm- day.



It's stuffed with dried prunes and some pale raisins, and a teaspoon off clear honey. It was very good. And gone within no time during the 'de Boed' coffee moment yesterday. Today I made a dessert for their dinner time tomorrow. It's stiffening / getting solid in my fridge at the moment. I have been tasting some off it, and I'm pretty content with how it turned out. dried prunes could count as winter-food. They actually taste better than how I thought they would taste. Some consider them old fashioned but it's not a bad taste. They turn an average cake quite moist if you include them.

But as how I found out: sometimes the good things in life can be a little old fashioned. Strange how that has become a thing in my life. Some modern stuff is awfull in my opinion, while classic stuff is often just awesome to me, and I would declare it 'timeless.' sometimes, as that deserves it.   

**

These storms every week make me a little weary, I feel a little troubled by it. Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep, and the wind makes me a little restless. At home I feel less at ease than in public at the moment. I should keep it togheter at home. I wouldn't like to become delusional these days because off the storms. I already have a habbit off sleeping bad when something is bothering me. I don't like to panic about storms.
I think I should better get used to it instead off letting it drive me crazy.
Today is a windy prelude to sunday if the forecasts are correct on that.

I believe tomorrow I will set myself to baking the puff pastry pear tarte tatin with star anise. It's something I would like to have a second time and probably also share at 'de Boed.' to hopefully cheer up their grey saturday. If I do things like that, I feel less troubled most off the time. Aside to donating that prune semolina pudding I have been making today.
I believe they will appreciate all off it. And I feel glad I don't have to eat most off it alone as that would fatten me too much, despite loving to cook.

Allright, I cut it off before it gets too wordy for people to read.

Thank you for reading!               


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten