woensdag 24 februari 2021

Spicy Paprika soup

Good afternoon everyone, 


Today it's sunny in the Netherlands. Spring is in the air and flowers everywhere are comming up and start to blossom. The sun shines bright in the afternoon and it's perfect weather for this time off year. 

*

I have been on a healthy eating rush this week. I started to live it healthy and vegetable and fruit based for this week. I have stomach and gut issues, that's probably why I did so. I prepared my own dinner yesterday and the day before. I made fresh tomato soup and I served it with crackers / french bread with hummus and it was perfect if I wouldn't have felt such aches the night after I decided on to live a healthier life again. My tomato soup contains just healthy ingredients and is pretty easy to make compared to common Dutch tomato soup. I had two and a half large bowls off it alltogheter with bread / crackers, (It felt like I took a few days off when eating at home. Especially since I allowed myself a bottle off 0.0 percent alcohol radler.) but I felt sick like a dog previous night. I couldn't sleep because off feeling nauseous the entire night. I have slept a few hours this afternoon after making de Boed their wednesday soup as promised. 

I made them paprika soup and I had to improvise a bit since they had no tomatoes like asked. Luckily I'm not the one to get off her nerves because off that and I asked if they had some pureed tomatoes on can. They came up with a large bottle off biological pasta sauce with basil and I used it as a replacement for tomatoes. All ended well today, the soup got a bit spicy because I got in an entire package off curry powder and paprika powder alltogheter with the vegetables. I had to soften the lot a bit down with cooking cream to make it acceptable for everyone and I succeeded. I managed to make some people eat two bowls off my latest paprika soup. But it feels as if it's never good enough so next time I'm going to improve my soup just a little more, and I think we'll continue with that after that. It never ends but people don't mind. Their soup keeps on tasting better, after all. 

Someone requested me to make garlic soup next week and I gave in to her request so that will be the matter for next week. It reminds her off her vacations so I have to look up a good receipe for that. Italian style / mediteranean style soups are my favourite to make. I like this challenge.

 I had to look up where tomato soup came from and it turned out Spain invented it first. It didn't came in fashion in the Netherlands untill after WWII. Tomato soup is second most populair in the world as most tastefull soup. In the Netherlands, chickensoup is most populair. I would like to try that a few times, but to make traditional chickensoup well, you have to boil an entire chicken for a few hours to make perfect broth. I could make it more like classic vegetable soup and cheat a bit on it here and there but old fashioned chickensoup with an entire chicken in it and it's according vegetables is a personal soup-dream to make. It's just that entire chickens are expensive if you wish to buy one just for yourself. I never do so to be honest. 

Last year, de Boed tried to grow their own tomatoes but people kept on stealing them all the time. The plants are still there but I doubt any soup will come from that if it continues that way. Their fresh herbs, however, aren't very populair among thieves and in spring and summer, I love using fresh thyme and basil in my soups. 

Allright that's about it how I practice a hobby into volunteering work. 

Thank you for reading.        

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten