vrijdag 4 augustus 2023

Good evening at the 4th off August, 2023.

 


Good evening everyone, 

Today it's muddy weather exchanging with periods off sunshine. It's cold, though. 



*





Tomorrow will be my 31st birthday. I have been making this fresh Monchou cake this morning: 



I have been developping the cream cheese filling myself. I have been mixing stuff out off my head untill it became a perfect cream cheese / whipped cream substance, which could also perfectly work as a frosting for, say, carrot cakes or cupcakes. But as a filling for MonChou cake it's just divine. It's easy to prepare. Nowadays it's expensive, but I have been spreading the costs. So I could also afford the tiny white chocolate hearts on top. That just makes it on a non-bake cake or cheesecake in my opinion. In a world where everything comes for cheap, that usually made that little extra on them for me. Nowadays I have to take it more spare, but it's my birthday tomorrow so I allowed them to myself.  

It's 500 / 500 with the Monchou and the whipping cream. 500 grams off Monchou on 500 milliliters off whipping cream, a teaspoon off vanilla extract, something to stiffen extra, (Klopfix in het Nederlands.) And an entire small can off icing sugar. If you mix all off that togheter, it turns out the perfect filling for Monchou cake. I have been crushing Bastogne cookies and mixing with butter for the bottom in my food processor, and I topped it with tart cherries and white chocolate hearts. It's perfect for the small celebration with close family tomorrow. I don't know if this is the filling to the official Monchou cake. But it works out well. I have been using the biggest springform I had in my arsenal, if I have cake left tomorrow, I will donate it to de Boed on Sunday. But it's not ment for de Boed, this is ment for a personal celebration, so that goes first. We don't have to take it spare with my bithday cake tomorrow, I can serve people even a second slice if that's to their liking. This crisis and de Boed's sharing policy often make serving big slices impossible. But I love it when people can have enough off whatever I have to serve them. Not just one bite size. Though I see that happening with the leftover to this cake on Sunday. But maybe that's not a really big problem. At least everyone has a bite then, like how de Boed does it and that's the way it goes with a crowd off people. 

I will serve them two quark tarts on Monday, and I know that will make enough for everyone that day. Why on monday? Simply because it's a boring day. I can really make people happy on an otherwise boring weekday with a birthday celebration. That's my intention. I could have picked today, but they already had de Boed's Friday party today with someone else celebrating their birthday. So plain and cold as it seems: I will make something out off a boring Monday for my fellow clients and serve them quark tart mango taste that day. With pineaple and unicorn sprinkles. I invited people for that Monday celebration. Nothing too official, I won't be offended if they forget. Most are likely to forget their own ass if they don't get reminded. (That's part off being a mental client. I got that problem too sometimes.) But reminding them every day hopefully will help, and otherwise I hope they stumble in by accident if I got it for them on Monday. We have the luck we don't have a job. I expect quite some people on that plain and boring old Monday. And share a slice off luck that day. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading.      

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten