zondag 21 juni 2020

Practice what you preach


The origin for modern paganism was a set up for a strong woman-centred religion. Still I see women being held back and turned back in emancipation because off paganism. That can't be a good thing.

They are slutshamed, tied to the household and told they should bear a lot off children. Conservatism is a big thing among modern pagans and it's not my cup off coffee. Why would you enforce someone to take upon that role while you, the man, are dominant again and think that's the way to go? Weren't women fighting their way (succesfully) out off that position? We don't need another group off dominant males to tell women how to live as prude and valuable as possible, and to cook their food and wash their dirty socks.

Something went wrong here.

 True strong women usually don't show up in pagan circles. Those power women who have it alltogheter and who take nonsense and rules from no one. With a shiny bright career. That's probably why I don't show up there anymore. It's usually those outsiders with bad chances in life who take on paganism. It's probably one reason why I felt / feel attached to it. I feel more for being an independent woman, though. And be a bit more down to earth and real than most nowadays pagans. And more likely to take a good joke, as most off them promote hyper sensitivity to a point where it becomes uncomfortable. A strong woman knows how to take a joke and return it in my opinion.

Hypersensitivity is something that shouldn't be accepted too easily. It's a thing, but people can over-act on it. Aside to that, I'm sensitive too- but they aren't the first people to take count off that, so somehow I suppose it doesn't go two ways often. Hypersensitivity can also be used as hypocricy to keep the mass tame. I don't support that. Though I'm pro keeping things sane and down to earth, especially in religion. That's something to live by if you wish to keep the paranormal stuff out off madness. I wish I would have lived by it way before. It would have kept me on the ground somehow.

 
People can be so stuck up when it comes to this. In a way that makes me feel bad about it, and think it's rather their ego that speaks instead off a true word off wisdom. And wisdom isn't necessairily a Pagan trait anymore since it's become more known by the masses. Or maybe it never has been to begin with. I don't believe those people who claim 'But don't I have the right to see it MY way? I refuse to listen to anyone else.' - Somehow it's often a way to defend nonsense, and you're not permitted to discuss their point off vieuw at any cost since they claim to be 'way too sensitive.' And that's the beginning off pagan biggotry. If you can't question someone's believe, or theories to them- don't take it from them as true. As that is dangerous in my opinion.

I write you this at the summer solistice. As I believe I have the utmost right to do so.

I hope you enjoyed reading this,

Thank you for reading.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten