vrijdag 19 maart 2021

Good afternoon at the 19th off March, 2021.

 Good afternoon everyone, 


To my suprise it's relatively sunny outside. Instead off it being gloomy and rainy, spring finally starts to show through the clouds. Is that a good omen for the upcomming weeks? 

*

My take on garlic soup went in pretty well this week. I made a creamy one and it was a succes, like usuall but that's because I'm a skilled soup maker. Next week will be for brocolli zuchinni soup. I suspect it to be a bit more easy, but that's because garlic soup for about 4 liters requires almost 20 bulbes off fresh garlic roasted in the oven. The entire building smelled like it could scare off a vampire attack. And it was a work to squeeze all cloves off garlic into my soup pot. It's something that is likely not to happen a lot anymore since it was that much off a work and I prefer soups which are a bit easier to manage for a large amount. Just cuttin' vegetables and putting that in mainly. However, it was a request for garlic soup and I answered it. Luckily it was to their taste. I used more herbs than the receipe required.  

Sunday I will lay my hands on a special cale stamp for de Boed. In the U.S, Cale (Boerenkool) is often used in green smoothies nowadays and even used in fresh salads, while Dutch people who are used to eat it in a traditional stamp with potatoes and slices off bacon cubes (As how we make it) look a bit strange to that. I myself still haven't tried a cale smoothie as I think some combinations in smoothies are a bit odd, but since this is becomming more and more off a food blog, I think I should try as you can't say something isn't to your taste if you have never ever tried. 

My stamp will contain about three vegetables aside to the potatoes and I feel comfortable enough to say it probably will succeed. I love to cook with a lot off vegetables. Even cutting and peeling them isn't something I feel is hard to do as I even like to do that. But luckily de Boed's kitchen has a kitchen helper who cuts and peels most work. I wouldn't finish everything in time if we wouldn't have had him working for us. 

Someone who works for de Boed and Leviaan has planted in fresh herbs in planters outside off the building so we will have fresh herbs to use the entire summer. We still have a large thyme plant from previous year. I'm glad with that as I love fresh herbs in my dishes. It's just watching there aren't any spiders or other vermin who have nestled themselves in our plants. And woe if it grows a bit too populair, as we have a chance to loosing our herbs to people who think they look a bit too good to resist. 

I wonder if I can make a mediteranean yoghurt cake with lemons and herbs this summer as I have never tried that either. I know the taste off lemon cake and I love that, but an olive oil yoghurt cake with herbs is still a bit new to me while they are pretty populair among some people. I should adjust it to my range off basic receipes. That can't be a bad thing. 

Allright, that's about it for now- 

Thank you for reading.       

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten