maandag 22 maart 2021

Good afternoon at the 22th off March, 2021.

 Good afternoon everyone, 


While I write you this, a ray off sunshine breaks through the clouds and lightens my living room. 


*

Today was for grocery shopping, and for preparing Monchou tart which I will hand out to de Boed tomorrow. There isn't anything to be celebrated as restrictions in this country conform the Corona rules will continue just as strict the upcomming weeks. It's just that it's ment to help people through these dark days. 

I'm glad I can help fighting Corona blues by serving people good foods. My Cale stamp yesterday evening was one big succes among everyone, a boring and cold grey sunday evening couldn't have been better thanks to that. 

I have had the request to cook at least one sunday a month permanently from now on. They do hard finding good staff for their kitchen in the weekends. We've had trouble with the menu on sunday a few times and I felt pity about it since I love to have meals 'A sunday dish worthit.' in my weekends. But maybe I'm spoiled when it comes to it. However, it's my hobby and I can help. I'm a client, not a staff member but I promised I would do it or at least try to do it. I love thinking out meals and coming up with great meals for sunday. Rich in nutritience and vegetables, ofcourse. 

There's also a downer on the front off my hobby and it's my oven. It's broken and dangerous to use since two weeks ago. I have to throw it away and safe for a new one. I feel bad for not being capable to at least make de Boed banana cake when I have ingredients left over for that. I have to work with non-bake cakes and tarts for a while these months. Or use de Boed's oven if I have the utmost urge to bake. 

Sometimes a broken oven means to gain a better and more modern one after I safed the money for it. Things might get better in the end after this and it might even improve the quality to my bakings if I take on it sober for a while. I believe I even feel challenged to improve my take on non-bake cakes and see how far that might get me. I'm not the one to keep her head down when it comes to this. I prefer to keep on seeing possibilities- even with a broken oven, a mundial lockdown and the right winged parties in politics to have won the elections. Sometimes to keep your head up is the best thing to do. People have nothing on you if you act like the evil side has already won the battle. 

Spring has started yesterday. It's not as cruel beautifully as it was previous year around this time. I would hope to get myself an easter branch one off these days and situate it neatly and decorated in my living room like I always like to do around this time off year. But that's mainly all easter decoration I arrange for myself. I have some cute decorations I put in there each year and it brightens up the living room each year, ever since I did so when I was still in group living. I haven't found a suitable easter branch so far, but I keep on searching.

I doubt I can attempt easter with my family this year, as they prefer not to have me over with the lockdown still going on as they are afraid we might somehow infect each other. I'm legally capable to visit them, but they are, despite being horrendously bored, afraid it's not a good idea. I suggested mom to come over and have a pastry with her and the family to get her out off boredom somehow but she rejected. She's utmost carefull since she works with elderly people. 

I would hate the idea not to celebrate easter with them. It's not the christian idea, it's mainly the habbit off being togheter with family I hold dear. I promised de Boed to help them with the easter menu if I couldn't attempt to my family, but I'd skip de Boed's gathering for being with my relatives. 

Some people complain a lot about their family. But it's important to cherish what you have, and what you still have. If you have the opportunity. I believe it's a good thing to keep good bonds well. 

Allright, that's about it for now- 

Thank you for reading.     

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten