donderdag 14 januari 2021

Lemons, On a postcard.

 Good afternoon everyone, 



I coloured this postcard this morning, it's a bit hard to colour and shade in fresh lemons without making them look a bit spoiled. A bright shade off yellow is often hard to shade in with other shades off bright yellow. Most off the time I use brown or orange shades to darken and deepen yellow edges, but that would do a bit violence to the freshness, and I have been trying with orange but then you could question whether you have an orange, or a lemon, or a mix off both (I never heard off that excisting. It's probably already there waiting for the market, but I've never heard off that.) So yellow with a bit off darker yellow and a background off soft green it is. It can't be made more complex or simple than that with what I'm capable to. You could colour them several diffrent vivid colours and call it art, but I wanted to get as close to lively lemons as I possibly could with what I had on hand. I already feel artistic by trying to achieve a bit off depth by colouring some lemon slices completely darkened and leaving some with dark and light spots. I believe I could picture this a bit better so you could see my colour intentions a bit better than what is shown on here. 

I'm about to send it, since it's a postcard. I sign coloured works at de Boed with my name instead off my artistic autograph so people wouldn't consider me as bonkers as they would if I'd show them I even have an artistic autograph and a secret on the internet in the first place. See no evil, hear no evil. I stick at that with most, as they aren't interested in what I'm up to online most off the time. 

Today was for Zaanish mustard soup at de Boed. I made it for lunch yesterday and today we could serve them a leftover. It's my job to prepare soups at wednesday. People love my soups and mustard soup was requested by de Boed's manager as she loved my first attemps a few months ago. My region is known for it's mustard. I make it with fresh basil and smoked salmon adjusted at the end. My soups aren't the best if you wish to loose weight as I'm not spare with cooking creams but if you like the idea off restaurant quality, or a good soup at a good hobby cook's place, then you have the idea. People look forward to it every week. I have been barely at it during December and the end off November due to circumstances, but I'm going to give it the best I can the next months. People deserve their soups during a cold and mean winter with a lockdown like this. 

De Boed is open for people with mental diseases during the lockdown since it has a care function. institutes with a care function are still open but we have to be utmost carefull. 1.5 meters appropriate distance at seats, mouthmasks, cleaning like they have hosophobia, telling people to desinfect all the time and keep everything as neat as possible. People in the Zaan area already are incredibly clean on their living spaces, some even say 'why didn't we do it like this before?' I think I could never fit that standard, but everyone to their own. Life goes by like it always did for me. I have been infected with Corona, but I survived somehow. I made de Boed a gingerbread cake for afternoon coffee time today and they where gratefull about it. That has been part off my life before this lockdown, I barely have a life compared to most people when it's no lockdown, but it is what it is and it can do even during a nasty crisis. I have my creative hobbies but that's most there is to say about it. I cook for people and I colour every now and then. I almost feel guilty it goes so fluently well comparing to others these days. On the other hand, I shouldn't complain too much. 


Allright, that's about it for now. 

Thank you for reading.      

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten