zaterdag 5 november 2022

Good evening at the 5th off November, 2022.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today was cold, cloudy, rainy and grey in Zaandijk. The small village in the Netherlands where I live. 



*


This week was for being far more active in the house than I have been for a while. I have been cleaning more than usuall and I feel it in my back. The below part off my back hurts. Is that just due to being lazy or could it be something else? If it keeps on going this way, I have to be persistant to caretakers. It feels kinda serious. 

I have been cleaning the house, made an attempt to make crab chowder with corn for Wednesday Soup, I started to watch a new series on Netflix, I kept up with the household much better than usuall. I was death tired when watching that show on Netflix yesterday evening. Mentally I'm fine this week. It's as if something has been really activating me. Which caretakers appreciate. Due to Netflix I have been less active on my weblog. I can't do both: watch series and blog. But this evening I thought I would give blogging a try. I have been watching The Witcher. A fantasy series I can highly recommend if you are into that. I think it can even classify as High Fantasy. A title which is something to be carefull with since it's tied to strict rules, but as far as I can see, I think this fits the application and it's something the audience off Elfia would probably love. If they're older than 16, since it's for 16 and up. It's about Geralt off Rivia, the cold blooded and muscled Witcher who slays monsters for his job and gets paid for that, and the downfall off Cintra. It's situated in a medieval style fantasy world with all kinds off Fantasy creatures. It only has two seasons so far. 

The Witcher hasn't been activating me, but me setting myself to watch is part off the 'being more active.' week. It's better than being bored a lot and doing nothing all the time. Despite my back. 

Today has been for fixing cookiedough. I'm about to bake jam cookies tomorrow for de Boed's Sunday coffee moment. I have been adding my cookie spices to it, and I'm going to use apricot jam for a filling. It's a bit middle eastern that way, but that could be just my imagination about it. The base off this receipe comes from Rutger van den Broek, my baking hero. It required star Anise and fig jam, but I got the idea for jam cookies with cookiespices and apricot jam for a while in my head, so this weekend I'm giving it a try. Star Anise and fig jam are heaven in your mouth in my opinion, but that's for another time. And Star Anise is quite daring. I personally love it but I can see why some don't like it. I also got an idea for vanilla or lemon dough with black currant jam as a filling. But de Boed are picky eaters. I just hope I got away with cookie spices and apricot. I will take pictures once it's done. 

Last week was for a Halloween applecake. I just poked Halloween skewers in it, it didn't look much like Halloween, but it's been probably all Halloween the people at de Boed can appreciate, since they're old and cranky and often don't have much on that 'American humbug.' But the applecake got appreciated. And it's been all Halloween I had this year. Not much off a party for me this year, unfortunately. Just a cake with our afternoon Sunday coffee. That's the price for living with people who are off age in a country with no Halloween tradition untill recent. de Boed didn't even decorate for it, like they do for other holidays. 

Downdressing for the crisis goes well. I dress low-profile not to make people uneasy with their finances these weeks. I don't wear make-up and I did dye my hair, but I have been using a package that's been on my shelves for years in a cool dark blonde tone, so it doesn't look over the top. I have been dying my hair for the first time in months. Sometimes I do hard with my own restrictions, and then I went overboard with dying last week. Still it's been easy to follow and I believe I do well with it in this old factory place, where people usually don't have much to spend, especially during a massive crisis. I don't like it, since I love to wear bold colours and fancy looking clothes. but it's been not a bad idea. I seem to fit in the crowd quite easily when I do so. I don't like to brag when others don't have it. That would be painfull for them and I couldn't stand that feeling myself when I was a teen. I'm still not rich, but I'm wealthy enough to wear nice clothes. Nowadays, that's not a cool thing. I just hope this whole thing will come to an end soon, and I can wear pretty clothes again. Today was for an old sweater, soft grey pants, cheap socks and sneakers. Though I'm downdressed I like to stay clean and washed. I allow myself to be fresh under these clothes, since I still find that important. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading.      




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten