zaterdag 18 maart 2023

Good evening at the 18th off March, 2023.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today was sunny and bright for a day in pre-spring. It's beautifull outside. 



*


Today was for baking an applepie Dutch style. My messed up style. So, a bit off a mess on top instead off the classic fancy checkers. 


Still I decided it looks delicious, so it deserves a place on the internet. I'm already glad I didn't forget to eggwash this time. We will have it tomorrow with our afternoon coffee at de Boed, community centre in Zaandijk, the Netherlands. I'm pretty happy with this easy applepie receipe and it's handy to have it on hand when apples are cheap and I wish to make something fast and simple yet delicious. 

Classic Dutch appeltaart divers from American applepie. It's therefore I use the term appeltaart for what we eat here.  

I wish to bake people happy at de Boed. It's a crisis, all off us are mental patients with little money on hand, we are having a hard time in general. So by baking people stuff with their coffee, I hope to cheer up their day. I'm not a professional baker and I can't make fancy bake shop stuff. Still I hope I bake people happy with what I make. And it's my hobby. It's fun to bake things and I'm told I'm good at it several times. So it serves more than one purpose for me. Every once in a while I make de Boed something. I just hope I can make people forget their trouble, and the crisis for a while when they eat this. Usually it has that effect on even the biggest crank. So somehow I feel I should continue with it. 

I can't decide what to bake next week yet. I know I have some cute easter rabbit wrappers, so it's probably a good idea to already make something Easter themed for my fellow clients. 

I believe we are not alone in this world, despite it being a crisis. It's good to help and share somehow if you can. I hope I'm not alone in that point off vieuw. 

Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten