dinsdag 28 maart 2023

Good evening at the 28th off March, 2023.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today it's grey, cloudy and pretty dreary outside. Spring seems to be far away. It's even raining at the moment. 


*


Easter, a lot off people dismay it because the war and the crisis this year. I don't say they're not right, I'm just saying I feel in an Easter mood. I have an Easter branch, and I purchased a few cute Easter decorations this year. I don't know if I should feel guilty about it. Today I even went back to the supermarket. To purchase the male Easter rabbit from a couple I purchased the female from yesterday. So today I own a male and female Easter rabbit set, dressed in vintage children's clothing. I fell for them, and they where not expensive. So I thought they where mine.

I bought it and had lunch in the supermarket restaurant, and treated myself to a slice off strawberry bavaroise cake with it. Just too good almost for an ordinairy Tuesday. In my defence: Lunch there is still cheap, good quality and affordable.  

This evening is for listening to 'Legend.' by Clannad. The theme CD from Robin off Sherwood. (A vintage tv show version off Robin Hood.) It's great music. It's vintage medieval style. What's not to love about it? And blogging a bit. If you can't have Spring out off itself, it's good to chase Springvibes a bit. Zaandijk is covered in daffodils these weeks so it seems. I think it's so nice they grow everywhere. Some people think they're a bit mainstream, but I love them siding the roads on the gras. Zaandijk is definetely the prettiest in Spring time. I can reccomend tourists to go in Spring if they wish to visit and see the place with daffodils and other flowers all over. It's pretty touristic, but if you really wish to visit for that antique 'Holland.' idea, go in Spring! 

I think it's just how you look at it. In my own Netherlands, it's often that 'boring old stuff all over again.' in my eyes. But when visiting Scotland a few years ago, I was like 'Whoa, I can't believe they really sell this awesome stuff in tourist shops.' Maybe it's how tourists look at us, but I doubt about it with our culture off cloggs, tulips and windmills. Scotland has cooler stuff in their tourist shops in my opinion. 

 It's cool stuff to give away as a present, though. My family thinks it's cool, and so does grandma and my cousins. I think it would be really nice stuff if I had friends or relatives abroad. Then I would really have something fun to send them, but I don't. I still don't have much people in my life. Except for family, fellow clients and neighbours who love me. 

I can't go too wild with presents these days, but I have been sending nice postcards to family previous week. Among which an Easter card with a cute baby chicken. Some people still send Christmas cards, but me, a card sender every so often, I even send Easter cards every year to my family. Usually short before Easter, but just one card to close family. (The people in my parental home.) Not to everyone, like I would do with Christmas. But just a fun card to the fam' every year. Yes, I'm a stubborn card sender. My family loves it. 

I was thinking, or it rather became a mindspin: What do we need during a crisis when trouble is big? Except for clothes and foods? If you can't guess: It's stuff for when we get sick. Like painkillers, (Paracetamol), tissues, a thermometer, cough medicine, and so on. I haven't been thinking about it before, but I tend to think I need to fix a medicine space somewhere. It might seem a bit weird when nothing is going on, but I probably will be gratefull to myself when I'm in bed with 40 degrees off fever. I'm not expecting another Corona pandemic, but just items you'd need when sickness hits you, when there's still a bit off money available for it. It's very handy, and a necessity in my opinion. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading!     


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten