vrijdag 28 augustus 2020

A baking kick, I got out off a whole pack off all purpose flour

 Good afternoon everyone, 


I suppose I needed it this week, to bake a few items and simply do what I mainly love best: To bake. Usually I can't be found in my kitchen so often as this week, but I had some sort off a kick to bake a lot, and along the way I got out off all-purpose flour. I wonder if that was a good idea. Most off the time I'm more spare with my supplies, it's just that I felt it was right to bake. 








Banana bread, Frangipanne apple tart, banana pancakes and yesterday I made a prune cake. 

I suppose it's because I'm a bit stressed. I have done a Corona test yesterday, and the outcome isn't yet in. I probably have to wait the entire weekend in distress. Aside from annoying neighbours. I can't share the prune cake at de Boed this time, I stored a lot off it in my freezer simply not to over-eat on it myself. The pancakes where for personal use either, I made them by mixing two large bananas and milk (An amount off milk so two large bananas broken into pieces where covered in milk. I haven't measured.) in a blender alltogheter and combine that with two eggs, five tablespoons off all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, one teaspoon off vanilla sugar and cinnamon, and a hint off salt. I used a whisk instead off a handmixer, and I used one large soup spoon a time to bake then in sunflower oil. (That's my go-to receipe) They swell as you bake them (flip them in time, as they bake fast) and they are just delicious with some sugar sprinkled on top.

I hope this whole nightmare I'm in at the moment didn't make me gain too much weight. However, I don't eat a lot this time off being, I just - bake stuff. I don't have much off an appetite, though I eat the main courses as good and as bad as possible. Today I just ate two slices off prune cake, a few mugs off coffee and half a bag off mixed unsalted nuts. As good as possible. Huh? I should make myself eat better instead off getting too distressed, as I have been promoting to eat well several times, and I wish to stand for the things I write and state on this blog. Not making people half-made promisses. As I do sincerely agree with people eating appropriate and wholesome things. 

Dutch people think it's a bit weird and unhealthy to eat cake for breakfast. While internationally, that might not have been weird and uncommon at all. Tomorrow I'll do a bit better, I refuse to go hard on myself for now as that is the last thing I need today. Tomorrow I'll have three fried eggs on toast with some ham for breakfast. And a healthy cup (a whole teapot in my case.) off green tea. And I'll keep the rest off that cake nicely frozen in case I'll have some visitors I wish to serve it to with their hot drinks. (It's common to serve guests a sweet treat with their coffee or tea in this country.) 

I hope I don't have caught on Corona. I hope I don't have to wait untill monday to hear the outcome to that test. I already lost half a weak to the insecurity whetheter to have or not to have caught up on it. 

Allright, that's about it. 

P.s: I'm glad they bring me my dinner at home every evening so I do get at least some vegetables in. 

Allright, I hope you enjoyed reading.           


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten