vrijdag 6 november 2020

Banana cake

 Good afternoon everyone, 


I decided on making banana cake because I wanted something good to eat this weekend. I happen to have the problem that I can't seem to smell or taste well, and those are symptoms belonging to Corona patients. Can you believe it, I have been baking a perfect banana cake with a home made spice mix, the appartment must smell wonderfull but I only seem to smell anything when I keep my nose right above my banana cake. Yesterday I took a shower with several products but I couldn't smell anything after I was done. You get the idea. This banana cake doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. Still I wanted to share my receipe with you. 


Banana Cake. 

- 200 grams off bananas 

- 200 grams caster sugar 

- A teaspoon off Vanilin sugar 

- A hint off salt 

- 4 medium eggs 

- A teaspoon off baking soda 

- A teaspoon off baking powder 

- 200 grams off all purpose flour

- two tablespoons off something that goes by the name off applepie spices or pumpkinpie spices abroad.  I made my own mix. Over here it's called 'Koek en speculaas kruiden.' Ment for spiced cookies. 

- 60 grams off unsalted nuts. You can use a mix off diffrent kinds off nuts 

- Icing sugar for decoration. 

- A cake pan for pound cake. 





1. Mash the bananas in a food processor untill they're perfectly smooth. Adjust sugar, vanillin sugar and salt and mix untill the substance is somewhat creamy. 

2. Adjust all eggs at once and mix untill it's smooth. Incorporate spices, baking soda and baking powder in your food processor untill everything is a liquid mix. 

3. Adjust flour at once. Mix untill you have a smooth batter. Adjust all nuts at last and give it a short mix to mix well through. 

4. Bake at 165 degree celsius for about 55 minutes untill it's well done. 

5. Let cool in it's tin for about 20 minutes and then turn it to a rack or a plate. Top with icing sugar.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten