zondag 29 november 2020

Banana cake, flavour 2.

 Good afternoon everyone, 

As you might know if you have been following this blog, I have a receipe for banana cake and I have made it more or less a few times lately. I just felt a bit stuck with the receipe since I felt like I had been making it too much and I felt like experimenting with the basic bananacake receipe I have been making for months. (It's probably not as much as I think, but it feels like it's a lot.) 

I somewhat felt like having a baking 'block.' as if I'm a bit numb on what I should bake next and it's probably due to lack off diversion this period. I have been making the same applesauce, bananacake and stewed pears a bit too much these months I suppose. I believe it's time to create some new dimensions and experiment with flavours as some have become a bit boring. 

I have been developping a second flavour and it's perfect in my opinion. 


I made a mocha chocolate flavour with it, with walnuts and coconut for extra dimension. I will hand it out to de Boed tomorrow to have them serving it during the afternoon coffeemoment. 

here is my receipe to this fabulous chocolate banana cake: 

- 200 grams off bananas 
- 225 grams off white caster sugar 
- teaspoon off vanillin sugar 
- teaspoon off salt 
- 4 medium eggs 
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1 tablespoon off instant coffee 
- sachet off baking powder 
- sachet off baking soda 
- teaspoon off vanilla extract 
- 200 grams off all purpose flour 
- 4 teaspoons off coconut 
- 100 grams off chopped walnuts 
- Icing sugar 
- small chocolate decorations. 

Greased in baking form for pound cake, 
preheat oven on 165 degree celsius. 

1. Mash 200 grams off bananas with 225 grams off white caster sugar, vanillin sugar and a teaspoon off salt in a food processor untill smooth 
2. adjust 4 medium eggs and blend untill incorporated 
3. adjust 3 tablespoons off cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon off instant coffee, aside with a sachet off baking powder and a sachet off baking soda and a teaspoon off vanilla extract. blend in. Adjust 200 grams off  all purpose flour and blend untill a smooth batter.
4. Adjust 4 teaspoons off  coconut and 100 grams off walnuts and incorporate untill it's all well blend in.  

Bake for about 60 minutes in a preheat oven 

5. Let cool for about 20 minutes and put on a plate, then decorate with icing sugar and small decorations. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten