zaterdag 27 november 2021

Good evening at the 27th off November, 2021.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today is rainy and cold. I even saw hints off snow on our pavement in front off the building and that is rare. The Netherlands hasn't had snow in November since ages. It somehow reminded me off scenes in Harry Potter, where they return to the castle with snow in their hair during November / early December. 'It's already snowing somewhere in the mountains.' All because off that depressing tad off snow on our local pavement somewhere in the flattest area off the world with no mountains in sight. It's probably gone tomorrow, but it was there for a while. 

*

Corona restrictions are strictening by monday, and I had my own way off fighting Corona Blues. 

By making de Boed an outstanding Banana bread decorated with icing, slivered almonds and pieces off crushed Speculaas cookies. 




It was a great taste to people at de Boed and I had the receipe from a free magazine called 'Boodschappen.' Available for free at the supermarket I mainly go to. (Supermarkets in the Netherlands hand out free magazines with good receipes to their costumers for inspiration to them. I have a big pile with years and years off free editions in my book case. They have one every month.) Sometimes the best things come to you for free or are somewhat free. Not always, but sometimes luck comes for free.  

It's funny how I upload a picture off something that's already been gone by now. People loved it during coffee time at de Boed. It's a way to fight Corona Blues to soften circumstances to them by serving them something good with their coffee every often. I can invoice my groceries by now for baking, so I can serve people these kind off things with de Boed paying for it. They said 'I didn't have to pay everything while everyone enjoys it.' I still have a lot off ingredients left. I have the feeling I might make one again tomorrow for them. That seems sort off fair since they paid it.   

It's cold, it's wet snow outside and Corona is increasing and the country slowly gets back to lockdown. But at least I can soften it a bit for fellow clients and staff members. 

I wish to spend the week in between christmas and new year's eve watching Harry Potter. I wonder if we can see a white christmas this year, snow falling and temperatures below -15 degrees celsius for the entire winter. That requires even better baking, and more heartwarming soup each week. 

I'm tired. I feel exhausted a lot and I'm not really high in energy. I do walks each evening after dinner with a member off our care staff to get fresh air and not getting rusty in my legs. I sleep in time (I try to each night) I need fresh air to keep myself from overheating, inside and outside. I might drink a cup off coffee too much every often but I believe most Dutch people love their coffee. (I might just speak for myself. You can't speak for everyone if you state something like that.) Today I had just a few small cups at de Boed. I feel with poor people this season as poverty is not funny and I wish the government wouldn't increase the gap between rich and poor and be more heartfull with those in need. Most people aren't rich these days and hospitals are overflowing with patients and are not functioning up to where they should. We need the left wing in politics, but they are fighting each other and are unreliable these days. We need a better care system and something that watches us from falling behind in social care and things we need in life, and improvement should be for everyone. Not just for rich people. I'm not rich and I never have been, but at least I have something. Just a little something and I wish for care and wealth to be accesible for everyone. It's going to be a long cold winter, look after each other and don't be egocentric. 

Allright, that's about it- 

Thank you for reading.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten