zaterdag 21 oktober 2023

Good afternoon at the 21st off October, 2023.

 Good afternoon everyone, 


Today is sunny yet pretty cold, it's truly autumn. 


*




This morning I have been baking a perfect chocolate / mocha banana bundt cake. With chunks off dark chocolate, chopped walnuts and coconut. The ingredients to this are over the moon expensive, but I had a lot on stock and all I had to purchase for this was the dark chocolate, the coffee powder and the eggs. I had bananas which would have otherwise spoiled. And I use them instead off cream butter for a banana cake. It would have been a waste not to make use off the opportunity to bake. I even had the icing sugar on stock. 

Short before the crisis broke out, I have been intuitively hamstering stuff like flour, vanilla and sugar. Like somehow I knew it would happen. Something whispered in my ear 'Take count off a crisis going to happen, so be sure to have enough off everything.' or 'What if a crisis would break out? Am I granted with what I got so far?' That's how it has build up. 

Usually I only lack eggs and butter for a baking. I don't bake every week anymore, only when my budget allows. But I'm pretty lucky with a foreseeing gift. And to have followed that path, was right and has worked out for me. Stubborn and not willing to listen as I was, it could have gone entirely wrong. But now I'm right and I think I'm good so far. 

I have a lot off stuff on stock in this tiny home. So that's why I can provide de Boed a slice off scrumptious cake tomorrow at Sunday afternoon coffee time. They have luck with it this week. It came out perfectly off it's baking mold. I have been greasing with baking spray and cocoa. 

I have the sheer dumb luck off being a crazy single old spinster who can have meals at de Boed every day and who doesn't has children, animals or a man to take care off. Which makes it even more easy to afford a cake like this. If I would have been taken with a child or two on hand and a common living situation, this would not have been possible nowadays. But I'm always somewhat out off the usuall. So luck is with us tomorrow afternoon. I think we deserve it. Given dinner tonight will be spinach and boiled potatoes again. It's usually depressing during the weekends, but now there's something to look forward to. 

Allright, that's about it for now- 

Thank you for reading.    

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten