zaterdag 9 december 2023

Good morning at the 9th off December, 2023.

 Good morning everyone, 


Today it's cloudy, cold and windy in Zaandijk, a small town in the west off the Netherlands. 


*


This morning was for baking. I haven't prepared fresh banana cake in a while, the circumstances simply didn't let me. But I had fresh bananas left, and all it needed was four eggs. So that made me go for it this week. 



During this crisis, usually my banana cake is waaay too expensive due to price increasement. The cookie spices off this one lack a few spices, and I only had enough for a few table spoons needed for this receipe. Though I already had the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, vanilla extract and bananas. And offcourse the icing sugar. I even have used up all my coconut for it. I also used a package off snack nuts instead off fresh nuts. (With peanuts in. Raisns, peanuts and almonds. I got it on the shelves some time ago from my mom.) It's a bit 'finish up your pantry.' cake. My cinnamon, coconut and nuts are all finished, just like my bananas. It's going to be expensie to replace, but it's probably been worthit. There was a time where I made this cake quite often. Today it's not '60's housewife galore, but modern house tut pride. Due to the baking parchment, it came out even out off it's baking mold. 

I think the people at de Boed will be glad I made it for them. It will be served tomorrow at Sunday afternoon coffee time.  

Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten