zondag 18 februari 2024

Good morning at the 18th off February, 2024.

 Good morning everyone, 


It's still dark outside and I can't see the weather. 


*


Instead off feeling woe something isn't anymore, be glad it happened! 

It's something my mind came up in the very death end off night. It's 02.40 AM, and I can't catch sleep. So, what to do? Well, maybe a compilation off the best cakes and bakings I ever made and posted on this weblog. 😉 And it's pretty much. It can be a torment to some, looking at it and having no money for it anymore. I torture myself by posting it since it's undoable anymore since the crisis broke out to bake that scrumptious. But maybe a reminder off better days. I hope I'm not being too cruel. Let's see if I can get this thing rolling...



A scrumptious syrup waffle cake. 




Heart-shaped cookies, with a half off white chocolate and almond flakes. 




Speculaas banana bread, made from a magazine. 



Lime-avocado cheesecake 




I think this is a picture off the first- ever banana cake. 



An oven filled with old fashioned sand-cookies, but it's been for my old work place at the old Upcycling. They where out before we knew it. 





These are old lemon owl-cakes. Owl-shaped cakes. I served them as a dessert back in the days when I had to host dinner every once a month on monday evening for my group living. I really had time and space (And money.) to let go off my creativity in the kitchen back then. They're served with whipped cream and a scoop off ice cream. On a cool pastry plate. 😉 I still have these. 




This one time back in 2018, where Leviaan let me serve bakings (Nutella brownies and a fancy quark tart made with Spanish orange cream yoghurt and chocolate sprinkles.) a neighbourbood High-Tea, to try to get neighbours involved at our business. It wasn't much off a succes, but my bakings nevertless where. 



This is a 2020 invention, golden raisin and prune-cake. Which we where very fond off and which got highly appreciated by fellow- clients. Repeated many times over. 





This one winter where I had so much ingredients left, I could make two appeltaarten and they tasted divine with all the star anise in it. That perfect discovery off star anise in bakings. 💖





These are works from 'Cakes.' by Rutger van den Broek. A renowed baking book author. I think they turned out perfectly in my hands. 


The former queen off England also seemed to be fond about this biscuit and chocolate cake, according to the rumors. I had dolled mine up with wallnuts. It was good as a mood enhancer for de Boed, a few seasons ago. 



This receipe for Middle-Eastern style date and pecan cake also came from Rutger van den Broek, from the 'Bakbijbel.' And it was perfect for a dreary afternoon. 



Chocolate cookies, the perfect treat for a music afternoon on thursday. 



And these where truly divine. Peanutbutter cookies. They tasted a hundred times better than expected. Since I didn't expect something to become perfect from peanutbutter. But it was such a succes. 







These are all recent works from previous year for de Boed, raisin cakes, banana chocolate bundt cake, coconut white chocolate cup-cakes, and a Bitterkoekjes cake. 



I love the taste off lemon-yoghurt cake. It's my personal favourite so far, I think. I can make lemon cake taste like lemon candy and it's perfect when I do so. I still have to practice the glaze a bit. But I think it's perfect for a nowadays personal occasion since it's expensive but still amazing in taste. (My birthday, for example.) During the crisis, it's perfect but not over-done. It's like a London Teashop at home.  



Last but not least, The largest Banana cake I ever made, once at Christmas time, with the largest baking mold from Nordic ware and it was good for several fisherman's tales from some people, seperating their hands a meter a part, telling everyone how big this cake was. It was huge according to them. And even more tasty. It got perfect compliments. 


I hope I made somewhat off an impression on what I can make when it comes to baking. I love to bake, use my creativity and become better over the years. It's just such a pity I can't do so anymore due to price increasement. It's frustrating. I adapt to the circumstances, I got a roof above my head and food on the table. My basics are covered and I'm warm and dressed. So baking is not a basic need. But still I hate the idea off missing it. I hope things in the world will solve easily and fast. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading.  




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten