woensdag 17 januari 2024

Good afternoon at the 17th off January, 2024.

 Good morning everyone, 



According to the news, the countries surrounding us are covered in snow. But this part, the western part off the Netherlands, escaped the blizzard and all seems well here for now. 


*


Tomorrow my dad would have turned 71. He died in 2012, at the age off 59. He was very sick. Fought heart and lung diseases for quite long. Simply to memorize him tomorrow, I have baked a simple and classic humble bundt cake, which came picture perfect out off it's mold, and let it being dust off with icing sugar pretty well: 




I didn't want to go overboard with it for tomorrow since it's still a crisis we live in. Maybe a 1950's home maker would have done it this way either. Though the bundt mold I used is not classic. Still I think it's fine and appropriate enough for a day like tomorrow. Perfectly suitable for the situation. Even though it's a crisis, I think my dad deserves a cake. Even though it's not the best I can. It comes from a good heart. Somewhere in between 'crisis.' and 'somewhat festive.' This can be found. 



Allright, that's about it for now- 



Thank you for reading.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten