zondag 21 augustus 2022

Good evening at the 21st off August, 2022.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today was clouds changing with sunshine. Especially the end off the day was very warm. 



*


Today was for finishing Wabi Sabi by Beth Kempton. I thought it was a good book. I soaked in all off it's wisdom and it took me two days to finish it. I thought especially the parts where she lived in Japan where fun to read since it awakens a sense off adventure in me. The advice parts and the parts which are suppose to make me think about Wabi Sabi I have to overthink a bit more and let it settle down in me before I probably fully understand. I love the concept off Wabi Sabi and the philosophy is great and goes deep and wise. I think I can't practice it in my daily life. Though I believe it truly makes sense. 

It was a bit on the wordy side compared to my other book about the subject and I don't truly know if I have soaked everything in correctly. Maybe it asks for a re-read. Though it gives great insights in Japan, Japanese culture, philosophy and daily life. It taught me a lot and on a lot off aspects in life I think it can be truly practiced but the materialistic part is going to be impossible since Wabi Sabi doesn't fit into my pretty decadent taste in stuff. But that's probably the only part where it's impossible. Other, Non-materialistic parts are simply asking for it and it states something about hobbies- which comes in handy if you wish to bake the stars from heaven like I do. It states it's allowed to wish to become better each time as long as you don't strife for modern perfection in your work. Which I can truly live with. My bakings probably scream for that too, since they are nowhere near a modern standard off utmost perfect but they taste simply wonderfull for those who eat them. I'm allowed to keep on following that path and that's pretty awesome about this book. 

I don't strife for perfection, I simply strife for 'always a bit better than before.' Which makes me a strifer but not for a perfect standard. 

Everything put togheter, I would like to give Beth Kempton 4 out off 5 stars for her good work on researching Wabi Sabi and trying to make it understandable for a Western point off vieuw. I simply don't know what else to write aside to '4 out off 5 stars.' Except 'Feel good, positive vibes from this book and it's very inspiring for modern day people. Except that it's a bit wordy for an unexperienced reader.' I hope that it will do somehow. I'm not an expert on reading or Wabi Sabi, I don't consider myself important enough to be off importance for this book. But 4 out off 5 stars are pretty great. Maybe I will write the review anyway. (By now I wrote it, as honest as I can be.) Still, 4 out off 5 stars are good for this book and that's how I do it. 

What to read next? I need a reading break from reading two weekends. I can't handle much impulses and it's good to read, though my head hurts a bit from reading all that wisdom. I wish to keep on following this path as it inspires a lot. But I need everything in moderation. To be honest, I wish to read te Dhammapada. The holy book off Buddhists. To see if I truly get Buddha and hopefully his path off wisdom truly is what I seek. (Or to see first.) My mom adviced me to take out off Buddhism what I personally need in life and not blindly follow a crowd if that isn't suitable for me or my personal situation. That's great advice and I'm likely to do that but I'm also likely to think 'Allright, everything or nothing with Buddhism.' I'm at that point off vieuw to be honest. I love Buddha and I love the way he inspires everyone. Buddha opens doors and even science approves off some parts off his wisdoms. Buddhism is a nice path to follow with holy colours like bright red, yellow and orange. And Buddha has excisted and doesn't call himself a god. It's not a religion, it's a way off life and I love it. It does well for your personal wellbeing and your personal development. In our strife to enlightment, Buddha makes people wise. In Buddhism, there is not one holy writing, but there are thousands off holy writings, expanded every time with new works. Buddha makes happy. And that's what he wants: To free us from suffering and make us happy. Buddha has already saved me once, I wonder if he can keep on doing it. (He saved me from stuck up Paganism and made me see and think things diffrent. I can handle it much better now Buddha has my back.) It felt like a warm bath to read Haemin Sunim's work. Haemin Sunim is a monk from Korea who has written two inspiring books: Love for -imperfect- things and The things you can see only when you slow down. These works have truly saved my life. I'm not hanging on anymore to Vana Events and I will never do so again. I wish to follow the path off Buddha and eastern philosophy and hopefully that will lead me somewhere better. I just love, love, love it.  It's a good thing to keep on reading about it. 

Tina Turner was mentally saved by Buddha, and so am I. The more I follow this, the better it feels. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten