vrijdag 30 december 2022

Good evening at the 30th off December, 2022.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today is stormy, grey and rainy in the Netherlands. If you believe in bad omens for the next year, this defenetely is one. I don't know why I share this with you. 


*


Today I sobbed a few tears over the poor people from previous year. People I don't know if they excist, and the poor people in the streets off Zaanstad. It made me weep to think off the misfortune that befalls them during the war and they barely have any food on the table. I feel with them pretty much. Especially short before New Year's eve, where people don't have the money to celebrate it. I myself have everything in order to celebrate it. I have bites and drinks and I'm good. But that doesn't count for the many, many who suffer from this crisis. And I cry over them every often because I think they're sad. This was not a good year for my heart. Especially December was hard to bear. I cried a lot over people not being capable to celebrate the holidays. 

And I'm afraid off the next year. I'm afraid off what is going to happen to the world next year. I myself have nothing to truly complain about. I'm here behind my computer, waiting untill my nails dry with golden glitter nailpolish, and I blowdried my hair this evening so tomorrow I look nice on New Year's eve. It's a bit more polished than usuall. But I have nothing to complain about in life. I have a roof over my head, I have food on the table and I still can wear clothes on my body. I have running water and electricity. The world has gotten more expensive. I have to watch my spending, that's all that happened but I can take it. 

Nevertless I think it's appropriate not to look too fancy every day to moderate the stingy feeling you can cause to others during a crisis. I'm wearing sparkly nailpolish for New Year's eve, and my hair is styled. I'm groomed and I'm going to make something out off myself tomorrow, but that's because it's New Year's eve. And I'm defenetely going to take it down on January 1st, and do that No-Spend-Months thing this year. I decided not to purchase new clothes untill March. Untill Spring is here. I have more than enough to cope with the winter for this year. If the season requires me to purchase items out off necessity, then I allow them to myself. But if winter stays acceptable, I won't buy new clothes untill Spring. I have to be honest with you, I purchased a skincream, a perfume and a multipack off bodybutter today to be prepared for No-Spend-Month. I'm almost out off skincream and bodybutter, and I purchased the perfume to claim free shipping. It's still going to feel so nice to wear it, if it's good. 

I will start No-Spend-Months the upcoming Sunday. No spending, except for presents and postcards for family happenings. And charging my travelling card. But no luxury aside from visiting grandma's birthday. I know for certain I'm going to make it through. So, I'm going to take it frugal next month. Still I have the aim to look pretty and polished next month with what I got on the shelves now, and with what's arriving just before the months start. I think I'm going to manage that, without buying something new for it. I wish to look sober but clean. Not Clean Girl Make-up, as that's still too much make-up for me, but clean and groomed as possible with what I've got untill these months are over. 

Honest, I can count myself lucky. All I have to complain about is not being capable to collect Nordic Ware, and chewing gum since that's too expensive. Other than that, I can perfectly live. I should not complain. I should take adult wisdom in consideration: But look at what we do have. (Maar kijk eens naar wat we wel hebben. Zoals ze het in het Nederlands zeggen.) 

It was a bit more sober than usuall, I do have matters to complain about, like the sober food at de Boed, or the expensive groceries in the supermarket, and the plain clothes I wear out off feeling with the victims to the crisis. But I'm still warm and fine so far. Putin couldn't take that away from me. And I tend to fall back on old fashioned items and classics which never go out off style. So I can live with this classic taste for quite some time without it ever getting out off fashion, and I don't have the urge to change my home to something new very soon. I could take it another 20 years with what I've got. I love vintage looking stuff. These days it looks nothing but rich. A country that is going to be as poor as Africa? I can take on it. At least I think so. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten