zaterdag 22 januari 2022

Good evening at the 22st off January, 2022.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today has been cold, but I haven't set a step outside. It's grey and cloudy and cold. 


*

Today was for Monopoly and mocha cake with my family. I feel well today and I don't know why. The company, probably- I feel lonesome a lot at home. My parental home feels more cozy most off the time. I have spend quite some weekends here this period and it feels better than being on my own. This evening will be for pancakes. 

Winter and cold isn't over soon, I feel a bit stuck in life. I feel well this evening and I should be glad all is well tonight and I'm in my parental home instead off being lonesome in my own flat. Most off all, I have slept well tonight. Something I don't do every day. 

Warning, a long story about baking cookies: 

I have books with receipes for about 50 cookies up to 70 sometimes. de Boed would probably be glad with that amount. It's quite a lot. I feel inspired to bake jam filled cookies. Known as thumbprint cookies. But I'm probably going to start with their sand cookies. 50 sand cookies and I'm not going to care wheter they're ugly. I could make it easy on myself and do twice the alphabet. That makes about 50 if I do it well. 50 and a few more. (26 letters in the alphabet makes 52 if I do it spare)The receipe comes from the cookies bible (de Koekjesbijbel) by my baking hero Rutger van den Broek who has more books about baking. 

Thanks to that book I have heard off the cookiegun. A tool in the shape off a gun which ' shoots' cookies in fun shapes from it's tip. It's pricey and I have no money this month for such a thing but it's always good to be informed about such fun equipments in your field off hobby. It's on my wishlist, aside to being capable to handle a pipingbag to learn more shapes to bake than what I can cut out with cutters. But it's probably a month to try things with cutters I already own first. Sandcookies are a nice try for this cookbook. I think de Boed won't be less thankfull for that. I'm probably a bit boring about baking cookies, but it's something I like to do every often. 

I also had peanutbutter cookies on my mind. I was talking about how it's a bit weird for Americans to put peanutbutter in everything as a flavor, but for cookies it might do. I was wondering if it would go well with white chocolate and the peanutbutter being with whole peanuts in it. The cookie might become a bit too dense when I do that. Then I had some doubt. I have never tried peanutbutter cookies before and I might get de Boed stuck with 50 peanutbutter cookies nobody likes. That would not be a good thing. I think peanutbutter is a bit weird as a pastry filling made to some sort off a cream, but on bread I eat it a lot lately. That's where my appetite for peanutbutter cookies comes from. I think I'm going to half the receipe for a trial first, and then see if they are to my liking. I will hand out most to de Boed, I'm not going to eat all off them myself. I think peanutbutter cookies are not to everyone's liking. It's worthit a try, however. Maybe I can get them to taste so they will be liked after all. 

I have no ambition to be working a job in the field off baking. People at de Boed often suggest me to do so but it's going to be too much and I already know. I like to keep it on a hobby scale. I have no ambition to become famous with it but it's fun and it's appreciated. I enjoy it when people enjoy it. It's the best reward I can get from what I do. 

Allright, that's about it- 

Thank you for reading.                   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten