zondag 16 juni 2024

Good morning at the 16th off June, 2024.

 Good morning everyone, 


Today is cloudy and changing in the Netherlands, and it's preferable to me when it comes to temperature. It's only 15 degrees celsius, but I like that, since I don't do well in hot weather, so a day with a moderate temperature is to my liking. I don't even mind rain. As long as it's not too hot outside. I'm obese with a pale skin. So I don't mind a cool summer. 😓



*


Yesterday was for baking a lemon poppyseed- cake, with home made glaze. 




It's ment as an afternoon treat for today with our afternoon coffee. It's from a baking mix from Dille en Kamille which required sunseed-olive oil, (Like I used.) 5 eggs and two lemons, and offcourse icing sugar if you wish to do it perfect with lemon glaze. And offcourse cake is the best made a day ahead, and stored overnight in your fridge, and what I like: Served on a nice cake plate. These rectangulair plates don't sell under the term 'cake plate.' But that's what I make off them. I don't see any other use to them than a serving tray for home made cake. And they do well for that use. It's truly nice and chique when it's served like this this afternoon. I still make watery lemon glaze. I could practice that a little more. 

It will be shared this afternoon during coffee time. 

To eat something nice on Sunday doesn't come from the church, like you would expect, it comes from a royal decrete which stated that commoners where allowed to eat poultry on Sunday during the 1500's era, since there was an over-population off poultry in Europe. And the king wanted to get rid off it like that. Ever since, it's a use to dine or eat luxury on Sunday. There was a time where I couldn't, and I still don't do so every Sunday. It's a bit unhandy, but sometimes it's what falls by the way, and at de Boed the food was just too dry and boring. Also on sundays. Just too bad, but I took it. Since I thought I was dependant, and then that tone in their voice we 'better could be gratefull.' and we had no choice. Since I've learned I have a choice, I think I don't like to go back to such a situation again. It's abuse off people to do dinner like that with them.  

Sunday afternoon at de Boed means nothing more than a baking from me with coffee time and a sportsgame on TV for them. I don't like sport, it's usually very boring on Sundays there. It's been like that ever since.  

This Sunday will be as endless, boring, fresh and dreary as the usuall. Maybe you mind I use the same plates and dishware all the time, but it's an expensive time, so I hope the audience forgives me it's been this kitchenware for a long time. I have the philosophy that kitchen ware goes a long time with if you don't throw it on the floor. On purpose or by accident. So it's in use for some time. A way to be sober during crisis era. I've had this cake plate for longer than 5 years now. But it's still not too bad, it's still fancy enough to fullfill my desire in serving stuff in a nice way. Aside with baking, I like to frumpily serve bakings on nice plates. It gives such a good impression on people. Even if it's just staff and fellow clients. Usually it makes their day a bit better. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 



Thank you for reading. 


  

   

     

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten