maandag 3 juni 2024

Good evening at the 3th off June, 2024.

 Good evening everyone, 



Today was cloudy and fresh for a day in June. But it wasn't so bad. I don't like heath anyway. 


*



Tonight I had classic Dutch vegetable soup based on beef broth for dinner: 




With home made meatballs with nutmeg in them. It felt like triumph over myself to have prepared this. The kitchen is still a mess, but I prepared it, as fresh as possible. I forgot the French bread with it. 😓 But it was not bad. It was pretty good soup. 

And I had Semolina pudding for dessert. 





I prepared it according to the receipe on the back off the package, there was nothing too fancy about it. Just semolina, milk and sugar. Not even vanilla or cream, but it worked out perfectly. A care taker helped to get it on the plate. And it had A-brand berry lemonade for sauce. It's cool, it's edgy, it's vintage. It's retro- cool. And it's always awesome to make one. It's almost too wealthy to have this. It's decadent. Due to mold prices to have increased. I have to admit, it's shamefully decadent. I just hope the world not to bat an eye over it. 

I think I happen to have a 'classic Dutch.' period when it comes to home cooked meals. Classic Dutch but with more taste. Not to opt for the extreme right in politics, but maybe for a sense off national pride and nostalgia just because. Maybe especially during war-time. (I know for sure it's especially due to war-time. My heart and soul ask for it.) But I'm left winged in politics, but Dutch heritage is my personal heritage just as good. 

I feel like doing classic style dishes. But even a bit better than the original. I know it might be a bit scary and right-winged in other times, but this is such thick war-time, I wish to show off my national pride a bit. But done with class and taste, not the tacky tourist-stuff they sell at the end off the street. 

For now it's cleaning the kitchen tomorrow, since I can't set myself to it tonight, My head is full and I'm tired. And it's victory over myself to have done these. I feel as weird and out off line as possible for now. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 



Thank you for reading.  


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten