zondag 3 maart 2024

Good evening at the 3th off March, 2024.

 Good evening everyone, 


Today was cloudy with here and there a ray off sunshine. 



*


News off the day: I got published with a send in letter to the weekend edition to the local newspaper. With my name and town. 




It's in Dutch, it's a small letter where I recomend the people to use a good old cookbook from the old days they might have on their ceiling, or which can be found at a second hand shop, to teach all those still at their parents living young adults to cook well. I think people in their 20's, still living with their parents, should be taught how to cook well. That's what it comes down to. Even if it has to be with the help off an old cookbook. (People probably already own, their grandparents might own, or which can be found easily and cheap second hand.) And the newspaper thought it was worthit publishing. 💖 My opinion probably matters. And all care takers who read agree with me. And say I can be proud off myself. Though this causes nerves with me. I don't know if I should do it again if it causes such nerve wrecks. I don't expect to be recognized tomorrow in the local supermarket. But still, it's a bit much. It's been published in Noord-Hollands dagblad, editie Zaanstreek. I covered my name in this picture. 

I'm not really good at this whole 'Being famous.' thing. It's a bit too much  for me at times. I like to keep relatively anonimity in my own Noord-Holland. Where I can walk the streets without trouble. 

The appeltaart was a succes this Sunday. Though I told my fellow clients not to expect bakings from me anymore as frequent as I used to. I think they accepted. But the applepie went in with them perfectly. It tasted as perfect as it did at home, with my parents. Since I used my all-time favourite receipe for it. Almost as if I shared something intimate and personal with them. But it's how it's at it's best in my opinion. How I've been taught by my late dad to make it. But I think we all needed that spirit enhancer today. It made a boring Sunday that much better. It comes from the vintage cookbook I recommended in the newspaper. 😉  I just gave my own twist to it. So, being able to cook well really matters. I simply hope my public letter is agreed upon by people. 


Allright, that's about it for now- 


Thank you for reading. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten